by Jennifer Coursey | Last updated on February 5th, 2018
Are you tired of getting stuck in traffic when commuting to work or taking your kids to school? Have you been spending too much money on gas driving to work? You do not have to worry anymore since electric scooters will solve all of your problems. If you are looking for a better, cost-effective and eco-friendly mode of transport here is a solution for you.
Table of Contents:
- Electric Scooters for Kids
- Electric Scooters for Adults
- Benefits of Electric Scooter
- Buying Guide: Choose the Best Electric Scooter
- Safety Tips When Riding Electric Scooter
- Maintenance of Electric Scooter
Top 5 Best Electric Scooters for Kids
The market has hundreds of models to choose from. Unfortunately, not the entire have the capacity to perform as advertised. But this shouldn’t worry you since I’ve got you covered. I’ve dedicated a few hours of my time doing an extensive research to find the best electric scooters that will provide a momentous riding experience.
After taking into consideration the different expert opinions and customer reviews, I narrowed down my search top 5 electric scooters for kids that sport the latest specs and features. Welcome and let’s walk the review together.
|Name||Weight||Speed Limit||Check Price|
|Razor E90 Electric Scooter||22 lbs||9 mph||Check on Amazon|
|Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter||32 lbs||10 mph||$122.27|
|Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro||51 lbs||15 mph||$287.00|
|Pulse Performance Products GRT-11||14 lbs||8 mph||$84.99|
|Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter||63 lbs||15 mph||$225.00|
|Name||Weight||Speed Limit||Check Price|
1. Razor E90 Electric Scooter
Razor E90 provides the convenience of a simple kick-start mechanism that transition smoothly to an electric drive. The scooter sports a durable steel frame designed to cope with rugged terrain. It is a sure way of riding smoothly and in style. Powered by a 12-volt rechargeable battery, the scooter lets you cruise at a maximum speed of 9 mph. The battery runs continuously for up to 40 minutes and recharges in only 12 hours.
The scooter provides the comfort of soft non-slip rubber grips that add more fun in every ride. A push throttle button is integrated on the grips for easy access. Your kid will love the smooth stopping power of the rear foot brake. E90 is a lighter, portable scooter that weighs at just 21.75 pounds. It’s recommended for kids who are at least 8 years old and has a weight capacity of 120 pounds.
2. Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter
This is a heavier cousin of E90. It’s a lightweight electric scooter that has a modern twist. The scooter weighs at 32 pounds, which is considered light in the world of electric scooters. It’s designed for day and night cruising, thanks to the integrated LED lights that illuminate your way.
The scooter comes to life via a kick-start mechanism and has a throttle button that lets you achieve maximum power. The battery-powered chain drive motor propels the scooter to a maximum speed of 10 mph. A single charge provides a run time of up to 40 minutes. The large 8-inch front pneumatic tire adds to the smoothness of every ride. It stops via a hand brake system and is designed for kids who are 8 years and above.
3. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter
If you’re looking for a vintage-inspired design in an electric scooter, Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro Electric Scooter is the perfect choice for you. It provides the convenience and durability of a chain-drive motor and has a large, 12-inch front pneumatic tire that makes every ride memorable.
The scaled-down design makes it much easier to get on and off. It provides the convenience of a variable speed that can be set to a maximum of 15 mph. The scooter cruises to a maximum distance of 10 miles on a single charge. This single-speed scooter weighs at 51 pounds and The scooter is sturdy enough to support kids weighing up to 170 pounds. It is designed for kids who are at least 12 years.
4. Pulse Performance Products GRT-11 Electric Scooter
This two-wheeled electric scooter lets you get the most ride time. It’s a miniature scooter that weighs a mere 14 pounds, making it one of the lightest on the market. The scooter is given the extra protection of a heavy duty steel frame, stem and rise bars. It’s equipped with an innovative Push-To-Go technology for hassle-free start.
Maximum power is achieved via a thumb throttle. The 80-watt chain-drive motor propels the scooter to a maximum speed of 8 mph. The battery provides up to 50 minutes of continuous ride. The scooter has a weight capacity of 120 pounds and is designed for kids who are at least 8 years.
5. Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter
Razor E300S is a power house in the world of electric scooters. The scooter provides you with that motorbike riding experience. It weighs at 63 pounds and has a high-torque, chain drive motor designed for power and speed. Powered by a 24-volt battery system, the motor propels the scooter to a maximum speed of 15 mph.
The scooter starts via a spring loaded kick-start mechanism and runs continuously for up to 40 minutes. It has easy-to-access twist-grip throttle that lets you adjust the power to your liking. The extra-wide 10-inch front and rear pneumatic tires ensure smooth rides on various surfaces. The extra-wide deck lets the scooter accommodate users of all sizes. This scooter has a weight capacity of 220 pounds and is designed for kids who are at 13 years and up.
These are the most affordable and top class scooters for kids that the market has to offer. They are specially engineered to provide a perfect balance of power, safety and comfort. And equipped with innovative specs and feature that edge out other models in the world of electric scooters. These motorized scooters receive lots of positive reviews from customers and are recommended for use by experts worldwide. They are definitely the best models that will give great bang for the buck.
Top 5 Best Electric Scooters for Adults
If you have been keen recently, you might have noticed the increasing number of adult’s electric scooters. Initially, electric scooters were associated with kids and teens, but this has changed significantly with a huge number of mature individuals buying them. In fact, basing on the current trends E-scooters are here to stay since they offer a convenient mode of transport.
However, since there is a wide range of electric scooters on the market, it is highly advisable that you buy the one that suits your needs best. Here, we have discussed the top 5 electric scooters for adults that can make a good choice for you.
|Name||Weight||Speed Limit||Check Price|
|OjO Commuter Scooter||65 lbs||20 mph||Out of stock|
|GBtiger Foldable Scooter||66 lbs||18 mph||Out of stock|
|IMAX S1+ Electric Scooter||36 lbs||20 mph||$1,299.00|
|TuTu SL350 Electric Scooter||76 lbs||17 mph||Out of stock|
|BuySevenSide Urban E-Bike||33 lbs||18 mph||$720.99|
|Name||Weight||Speed Limit||Check Price|
1. OjO Commuter Scooter for Adults
Introduced on the market recently, OjO Electric Scooter offers one of the most convenient and environmental-friendly modes of transportation. Individuals love it since it is a clean fun ride that is bike-lane friendly and has no emissions.
With a capacity of covering up to 25 miles with a single charge, it can also speed up to 20 Mph. It is considered as the best scooter for adults since it has a strong aluminum chassis which allows it to support more than 300 pounds. If you live in congested cities that experience huge traffic, you can use the 3 riding modes to set the speed that suits you best.
Buy now: OjO Commuter Scooter from Amazon
2. GBtiger Foldable Adult Scooter
This is one of the most praised electric scooters that offer an outstanding skating experience due to the two-wheel design which makes it very stable and safe. It has a huge, durable anti-slip pedal which makes it easy to stand on and change directions as well.
It is foldable for easy carrying and also comes with a detachable seat which is easy to remove and install depending on your preferred riding experience. GBtiger Scooter has an adjustable height and can support up to 100 KGS therefore suitable for all kinds of individuals.
Buy now: GBtiger Foldable Scooter from Amazon
3. Magnum Bikes IMAX S1+ Electric Scooter
The Imax S1+ Electric Scooter was uniquely designed to ensure maximum comfort and safety. It is fitted with 10 inch inflated tires in the front and at the back which acts as shock absorbers making it easy to ride on any terrain. It also has a specious deck that provides a huge standing space and boosts stability as well.
The 48V/10A system which powers the 500W motor gives it an enormous power that can carry heavy loads even in rough terrains. It has a speed of up to 20 MPH and can cover between 15 to 20 miles on a single charge. It is fitted with acceleration trigger throttle, and mechanical disc brakes make it easy to ride and stop safely. Weighing about 36lbs it is great for running errands or just having fun.
4. TuTu SL350 Electric Scooter with Foldable Seat
The TuTu SL350 is rated as one of the cutest electric scooters on the market. Available in a wide range of vibrant colors you can easily find the one that suits your style. It has zero emissions thus allowing you to fulfill the urge of maintaining a clean environment as you run your errands or have fun.
The incorporated lithium-ion battery charges for 4 hours and will allow you to cover up to 34 miles per single charge. It is fitted with a 350-watt motor that enables to accelerate up to 17 MPH depending on the nature of the roads and riding experience. With the ability to carry up to two passengers, you can use it for various purposes including taking your kids to school or going for a date.
5. BuySevenSide Urban E-Bike And Folding Electric Scooter
Also referred to as smart bike this is a unique electric scooter of its kind. Weighing just about 15 KGS, it is easy to carry and folds to a thin shape which makes it easy to store when not in use. Its driven by a high power 240-watt motor which allows it to reach a top speed of 30 KM/H.
It is fitted with a durable Panasonic 18650 lithium-ion that has an unimaginable economic life. The 10 inches tires make it convenient for use in all kind of roads while the aluminum allows it to carry up to 150 kgs. It has no emission thus both economical and eco-friendly.
Benefits of Electric Scooter
Buying an electric scooter whether for having fun or commuting to work is one of the wisest decisions anyone can make. It is common to see individuals stuck in traffic for hours a problem that could be easily be solved by using a scooter to commute. If you are yet to buy an E-scooter, here are some of the benefits of buying one that you should know.
1. Convenient mode of transport: Electric scooters are powered by rechargeable batteries thus you do not have to worry about gas money. Charging is very easy and can be done anywhere including at your home or a gas station. Also, you do not have to worry about traffic anymore since they are easy to maneuver in narrow roads and pathways.
2. Environmental friendly: Since electrical scooters do not emit gases they help to conserve the environment. Unlike cars and buses that run on petrol emitting harmful gases that pollute the environment, electric scooters are very eco-friendly.
3. No license required: E-scooters have a speed limit thus one does not require a license to ride them. Limited speed also makes them safe for use by all kinds of individuals including kids, adults, and seniors as well.
4. Easy to store and park: Most electrical scooters are foldable which makes it easy to store indoors. They are also lightweight thus easy to carry when moving indoors or loading into a car.
5. Can be used anywhere: It does not matter where you live, you can use these rides anywhere whether rural or urban areas. No matter where you use them, they will save you both time and money. In fact, if you acquire a high-quality one you will not have to worry about poor terrain.
6. Affordable: Everyone needs a means to commute fast, but not everybody can afford a car. The great news is that motorized scooters are very affordable ranging from a few hundred dollars to several thousand depending on the model and quality you choose.
7. Comfortable: Other than being easy to carry and store, e-scooters are also comfortable to ride on. Some come with detachable seats which are easy to adjust to fit any individual’s needs whether tall or short. They are also usually fitted with shock absorbers and braking discs which makes them easy to use even on rough roads.
8. They are stylish: Some of the latest electric scooters come with accessories that give you style and class. If you love having fun, you can get a stylish scooter fitted with a USB reader that allows you to listen to your favorite music as your stroll down the streets.
9. Can be given as a gift: If you do not know what to buy your loved one for his or her next birthday, an e-scooter can make a great gift. The great thing is that e-scooters have no age limit thus can be used by anyone whether young or old.
Buying Guide: Choose the Best Electric Scooter
The world of electric scooters has lots of options to choose from. However, not all of them have the capacity to deliver as advertised. Therefore, you have to exercise lots of caution in order to get the right scooter that will meet or even exceed your expectations. But how do you go about selecting the best electric scooter from the hundreds of models that flood the market? Well, before making your purchase, you need to take the following factors into consideration. This will ensure that you get the best one for you that is worth every penny spent.
1. Run Time: Everyone desires some extra minutes of fun in an electric scooter. And to get more riding time, you need to buy a scooter that sports an extended operating time. At least 40 minutes of run time is a sure way of letting you and your child derive the most fun in every ride. And remember to go for a battery that recharges quickly, preferably a maximum of 12 hours.
2. Durability: Everyone wants an electric scooter that is worth the investment. The type of material used to construct the scooter will tell you whether the electric scooter is durable or not. A scooter of tough steel frame is most preferred. These are finished with a powder coating to makes it more resilient to rust, scratches and corrosion. The durability of an electric scooter extends to the type of motor that powers it. Heavy duty motors are the most preferred since they are virtually maintenance-free and boast of extended lifetime.
3. Price/ Budget: You need to make a comparison between your budget limit and the price tag of the electric scooter. Most people have the belief that “quality is expensive”. This may be true, but not in all cases. There are less expensive electric scooters that perform just as well as those with a higher price tag. Therefore, you should go for a quality yet affordable scooter – a machine that has the ideal specs and features for that momentous riding experience.
4. Brand/ Manufacturer: How many brands of electric scooters are you familiar with? Probably 10 or even more. However, that’s not quite important. The big question that you need to ask yourself is – how many trusted and reliable brands do you have in mind? The market has more brands than you can imagine. But most of these brands have little consideration for overall customer satisfaction. Examples of brands worth putting into consideration include Razor, Swagger, Pulse Performance Products, Sunny, among others.
5. Warranty: You never know what to expect from the electric scooter you’ve just purchased. And it’s quite irritating when you realize that it has defective parts or sports poor craftsmanship. You need to know that breakages are not uncommon, especially during shipment. It is in such circumstances that a warranty comes in handy. It cushions you against such inconveniences to ensure that you get what you paid for.
Safety Tips When Riding Electric Scooter
Although electric scooters are not viewed as dangerous taking safety precautions is never a bad idea. Before you take out your brand new e-scooter, it is highly recommended that you read the following safety tips to avoid getting into accidents.
1. Learn how to operate the scooter: The first thing you should do before taking your scooter to the road is learning how to operate it. Start by reading its manual to understand how each part functions. Then you can start practicing how to ride in an open field where there are no buildings or other traffic. Once you have perfected on riding it, you can now head to the road. If you have trouble learning how to ride it alone, you can seek help from an experienced trainer.
2. Avoid overloading: E-scooters are normally designed with cautious weight techniques and are required to carry only one person. Always avoid carrying anyone on the scooter even a child since it could lead to mishaps or accidents.
3. Always observe traffic rules: Before taking your scooter ensure that you understand all traffic rules. Remember there are other motorists and riders using the same roads you will be using and if you do not observe traffic rules you might end up getting in trouble.
4. Do not talk on your phones when riding: Talking on the phone while on the road is one of the major causes of accidents these days. Talking on the phone can distract you from concentrating on the road, and you might end up causing an accident. If you have to receive a phone call, park in a safe place first.
5. Avoid over speeding: Although scooters normally have a limited speed, some models have high speeds. It is always good to maintain a standard speed which gives you full control of your scooter. They are normally lightweight and over speeding make them unstable can easily lose control.
6. Always watch out for pedestrians: Some riders usually concentrate on the road watching out for oncoming traffic and forget that roads have pedestrians too. Unfortunately, most pedestrians do not follow traffic rules and can get in your way unexpectedly. You should always ensure that you are conscious of your surroundings all time.
7. Wear proper riding gears: Proper gear will protect you from getting injured in case of an accident as well as helping you ride comfortably. Recommended gears include knee and elbow protectors, windshield and a helmet.
8. Keep the scooter properly charged: Keeping your scooter charged always will save you time when you need to use it especially during emergencies. For instance, you can be charging your scooter overnight if normally use it to commute to work.
9. Always keep your scooter clean and well maintained: Cleaning your scooter regularly prolongs its economic life and also leaves it looking attractive. Also, always ensure that your scooter is well maintained so that it can serve you better.
Maintenance of Electric Scooter
If you intend to buy the best electric scooter for commuting or you already have one, you need to ensure that you keep it in its best condition so that it can last longer and serve you better. Here are great tips on how to maintain your precious scooter.
1. Keep records: Before you engage in any maintenance procedure, you should consider taking record of your scooter. Records will help you to reconnect any part that you disconnect when carrying maintenance. The best way to take records is by taking pictures to view clearly how every part fixed before you disconnect it.
2. Inflate tires: Always ensure that all tires are well inflated before going out for a ride. You can check whether your tires have enough pressure by pressing them with your finger. If your finger sinks easily into the tires after pressing them, you have to add more pressure. You can also use a pressure gauge to check whether your tires need more pressure.
3. Battery maintenance: Always ensure that your batteries are well charged using an original charger that can be acquired from the manufacturer or an authorized dealer. Some scooters have a self-recharging battery, but up to a certain limit, therefore, you need to top up the charge. If your battery starts failing to hold a charge for long, you need to replace it.
4. Check chain tension: Always ensure that your scooter has the right chain tension. Riding your scooter with a loose belt will make it slip from the teeth and wear out. If you have to replace the belt, ensure that you have the right specifications and you have placed it in the right settings.
5. Regular oiling: Lubrication is a requirement for any machine that has moving parts including electric scooters. You should ensure that you clean and oil all moving parts of your scooter at least once per week.
Buying an electric scooter can be life changing since it can help you in unlimited ways. It will help you rush short distances, avoid traffic and also have fun. However, you should always ensure that you have bought a model that suits your needs best to enjoy the value of money spent. You can consider getting a scooter that has an adjustable seat for easy comfort.
If you intend to use it to cover long distances a scooter that has high power retention capacity and high speed can be a great choice. You can also consider choosing the best electric scooter with high load capacity if you will be carrying small loads over short distances. Before buying your scooter ensure that you have reviewed all features and specifications to make an informed decision.