Ever wondered what’s the best wooden balance bike on the market? Well, don’t worry since you are not alone. Most parents go through a hard time just to find the ideal wooden balance bike that will provide their kids with that momentous ride. But I’m here to save you all the hassle and ensure that you get the best bike that will be worth every penny spent.
In this article, I’m going to review the top 5 wooden balance bikes that have proven to be a safer, smarter and easier way of transitioning to traditional pedal bikes.
Best wooden balance bikes on the market
|Picture||Balance Bikes||Weight||For Ages||Price||Our Rating|
|Dushi Balance Bike||10 lbs||3 to 5 years||$$||4.6|
|Floral Hearts||10.5 lbs||2 to 3 years||$$||4.4|
|Bikestar 12 Inch||8.8 lbs||2 to 3 years||$$||5.0|
|Diggin Active Skuut||10 lbs||2 to 5 years||$$$||4.3|
|Kinderfeets Retro||8.4 lbs||2 to 5 years||$$||4.6|
|Early Rider Bike||7.2 lbs||1.5 to 2 years||$$$||4.9|
|Wishbone 3 in 1 Original||13.2 lbs||1 to 3 years||$$$||4.6|
|ZÜM CX Bike||7 lbs||2 to 3 years||$$||4.4|
|Radio Flyer Classic Glide & Go||9 lbs||1.5 to 5 years||$$||4.4|
|Prince Lionheart||10 lbs||3 years to up||$$||4.5|
|Picture||Balance Bikes||Weight||For Ages||Price||Our Rating|
1. Diggin Active Skuut Wooden Balance Bike
Diggin is one of the giant manufacturers in the realm of balance bikes. It has many models under its name. However, Diggin Active Skuut Wooden Balance Bike ranks high and has become one of its main flagship models.
This bike comes in a composite construction made up of wood (85-percent), rubber (10-percent), metal (4-percent) and vinyl (1-percent). It sports the elegance of a wooden frame that is durable enough to resist cracking and warping.
The wooden frame makes the bike lightweight enough for hassle-free maneuvers. The handlebar sits 21 inches from the ground and is fitted with rubberized hand grips to provide non-slip comfort.
The seat provides the convenience of an adjustable height that can be set to a minimum of 13 inches and a maximum of 16.5 inches. Rubber tires come in handy to provide a smooth ride that will make your kid more enthusiastic to biking.
2. Radio Flyer Classic Glide & Go Balance Bike
When someone talks about the best wooden balance bicycle, Radio Flyer is one of the top names that first comes to mind. This brand takes great pride in its premium model – Radio Flyer Classic Glide & Go Balance Bike.
This bike is specially engineered to take the elegance and functionality of a wooden bike to the limits. It boasts of a lightweight construction that gives your kids an easy time pushing. The frame is made of premium wood that provides unmatched durability.
The seat is cushioned and can be adjusted with ease to grow with your child. The hand grips provide that soft and non-slip touch for added comfort.
3. ZÜM CX Wooden Balance Bike
The 2-in-1 design makes this balance bike an ideal option for beginners. Its removable wooden frame can be set to provide a low or high profile. The frame is made of top grade Birchwood designed to take a beating.
The seat of this balance bike is adjustable. It can be set to a low position of 12 inches or a high position of 17 inches. The adjustable seat provides a perfect fit for kids who are 2 to 3 years old.
Inflated tires provide a smooth and momentous ride on a variety of surfaces. Cartridge bearings allow the wheels to run in total silence and make them virtually maintenance free.
Rubberized hand grips function well in protecting your kid from scuffs. This bike weighs at only 7 pounds to give your kid an easy time when pushing and maneuvering the bike.
4. Bikestar 12 inch (30.5cm) Kids Balance Bike
This is definitely a star in the world of balance bicycles. The bike sports an elegant frame adorned in flowery patterns. It is coated with a specialized paint designed to resist impact.
This balance bike is one of the lightest in its class. At just 8.8 pounds, it provides the convenience of easy lifting, maneuvering and transportation.
The handlebar is 21.6 inches above the ground and provides the safety of a steering limiter. The bike has an ergonomic saddle that can be set to a height of 14.6 to 16.9 inches.
12-inch inflated tires ensure smooth rides both indoors and outdoors. The bike comes 90-percent assembled and takes only 10 minutes to put everything together.
5. Early Rider Balance Bike
As the main suggests, this balance bike is specially engineered for early riders – kids as young as 1.5 to 2 years old.
It is an ultra-light wooden balance bike that weighs at 7 pounds. Despite its lightweight construction, the bike is strong enough to support kids weighing up to 100 pounds.
The frame comes in a plywood construction that is weatherproof and waterproof. This makes it durable enough to last for years. This balance bike has two steering modes – restricted and unrestricted. The latter is recommended for younger kids.
The bike provides the smooth ride of pneumatic tires and the strength of aluminum rims. The seat is embroidered in faux leather and can be adjusted to fit a growing child.
How to find the best wooden balance bike?
There are many different factors that you need to consider if you desire to get your hands on the best wooden balance bike. Let’s take a look at some of them.
1. Weight: The weight of a balance bike matters a lot. You don’t want a heavy balance bike that can be a burden to your kid. A lightweight bike proves to be a better choice since it provides ease-of-handling and makes transportation much easier. It facilitates hassle-free maneuvers and requires less effort especially when pushing it uphill.
2. Brand: What brands of wooden balance bikes do you know? Well, you may probably be familiar with lots of brands. But the question is – do you know the ones that stand out from the rest when it comes to quality and excellent customer service? It is always good to go for the top brands that are trustworthy and have earned a great reputation over the years. Some of the top brands to consider include Diggin, Radio Flyer, Early Rider and Bikestar.
3. Customer reviews: The comments given by customers regarding a particular wooden balance bike shouldn’t be taken lightly. Take sometime to go through the many reviews posted on the different websites. You can try Amazon since they give reliable and up-to date reviews. From the reviews you can decide whether or not a particular balance bike is worth the purchase. You can do this by looking at the number of positive reviews and the average score given.
4. Warranty: The warranty given by the manufacturer dictates the quality of the product being offered. Always search for wooden balance bikes that come with a warranty. This will be of great help in case you find any defects in parts or poor craftsmanship.
Momentous rides are something that your kid won’t get in just any balance bike. It requires the best, and these models are truly an excellent option. They are designed to take the durability, safety and comfort of balance bikes to the limits.