Electric car makes a perfect gift for your lovely child. However, one wrong purchase decision might turn it from a perfect gift to a downright disappointment, something that parents do not want for their kids.
The year 2017 has lots of excellent choices in electric vehicles for kids. But for the purpose of helping you get a more efficient and cost-effective model, we’ve narrowed down our search to the 10 best power wheels & electric cars for kids based on expert opinion and user testimonials.
Top 10 Best Power Wheels & Electric Cars in 2017
Reviews of Power Wheels & Electric Cars
We are going to review all of our selected top power wheels and kids electric cars. We’ve done deep research on these products and presenting some important features and key points for you. So, read more to discover the features that set them apart and a quick guide to making a perfect purchase decision.
10. Fisher-Price Power Wheels Dune Racer
|♦ Safe and comfortable all-terrain drive.||♦ Lacks remote control drive.|
|♦ Comfortable bucket seat design.|
|♦ Spacious cockpit design that’s easy to get in and out.|
|♦ Two seat design for double fun.|
|♦ Has storage space for necessities.|
9. Power Wheels Hot Wheels Jeep Wrangler
|♦ Extra-wide tires for excellent traction and stability.||♦ Only designed for boys.|
|♦ Rugged grab bars make it easy to get in and out.|
|♦ Roomy interior for two riders.|
|♦ 1-year limited warranty that’s backed by 300 service centers.|
8. Power Wheels Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Jeep Wrangler
|♦ Cool colors and graphics.||♦ Most expensive jeep wrangler on the list.|
|♦ Roomy rear storage.|
|♦ Drives on both grass and hard surfaces.|
|♦ Wide stable wheels.|
|♦ Two seats to double the fun.|
7. Power Wheels Ford Mustang
|♦ Amazon exclusive.||♦ Radio is pretend.|
|♦ Has pretend key that activates engine sound.|
|♦ Practical dashboard gauge.|
|♦ Cup holders to keep your kids hydrated while on the move.|
6. Power Wheels Kawasaki KFX
|♦ Fastest power wheel on the list.||♦ Wheels are made of plastic.|
|♦ Realistic all-terrain driving experience.|
|♦ Flashy chrome wheels and accents.|
|♦ Cool colors and graphics.|
5. Best Choice Products Kids 12V Electric Power Ride On Car
|♦ Pocket-friendly pricing.||♦ Lacks decorative features.|
|♦ Wireless remote control.|
|♦ Lets you play music.|
|♦ Easy to assemble.|
4. Peg Perego Case IH Magnum Tractor Ride On with Trailer
|♦ All-terrain driving for experienced riders and beginners.||♦ Lacks reverse gear.|
|♦ Extra-large trailer for transportation.|
|♦ Comes with extendable warranty.|
|♦ 5-position adjustable seat.|
3. Rollplay Chevy Tahoe Police SUV 6-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
|♦ Functional and realistic components.||♦ Speed is quite low at 2.5 mph.|
|♦ Working engine sounds.|
|♦ Built-in speakers with MP3 connectors.|
|♦ Extended battery life of up to 2 hours.|
2. Kiddie Roadster 12V Battery Power 2 Motors Kids Ride-On Car
|♦ Plays music and is compatible with smartphone devices.||♦ Requires constant parental supervision.|
|♦ Driven by both boys and girls.|
|♦ Has a 3-speed parental remote.|
|♦ Removable tray table for eating while on the move.|
1. Henes Broon F830 with Tablet PC 12V Kids Ride On Car
|♦ Variable electronic speed control.||♦ Most expensive electric car on the list.|
|♦ Realistic car components.|
|♦ Wireless remote system control.|
|♦ 7-inch tablet for extra fun.|
|♦ Music support.|
|♦ Comfortable and durable leather seats.|
Top 8 Benefits of Power Wheels & Electric Ride-On Cars
Kids’ Electric cars are relatively a new concept in the automotive industry. Compared to gas-powered vehicles, they offer lots of benefits both to the user and the environment at large. Below are some key benefits of purchasing electric vehicles for your kids.
1. Mental Development: Nowadays, electric cars and power wheels are the most desired and exciting kids’ toys, according to Trampolinea.com. These ride-on cars give huge excitements and adventures and help to grow mental development of kids as well. Most children have hidden expectation to ride real big cars like their parents and other adults. Kids’ electric cars definitely make little opportunity to gather real car experiences. However, this experience helps to ride real adult cars in future of them.
2. Pure Outdoor Fun: The great thing about electric car is that it gives us and our kids to go outdoors. In modern times, most kids don’t have any direct relation with nature. Kids don’t want to go outdoors because they are always busy with their studies, home works, video games and other indoor plays. So, if you get a kid’s electric vehicle it will make great opportunity for you and your kid to go in nature and to enjoy pure fun on the green grass or any of your favorite places.
3. No Gas Required: This type of kids’ vehicles are entirely charged on the battery provided. That means you don’t have to purchase any gas. Considering the skyrocketing fuel prices, gas-powered kid vehicles might require that you dig deeper into your pockets. Though rechargeable batteries used on electric vehicles aren’t free, electric vehicles are far cheaper to run.
4. No Emissions: Electric powered motors make electric vehicles 100-percent Eco-friendly. There’s no toxic gas or smoke emitted since they run on a clean energy source. In short, these vehicles contribute to a healthy and green climate. Lack of harmful emissions also makes a healthier option for your kids.
5. Reduced Noise Pollution: Electric powered vehicles are much quieter and thus put a curb on noise pollution. This makes them better to drive especially in crowded neighborhoods without disturbing the peace and quiet of those around. And with less noise comes reduced vibration that adds more comfort to the ride.
6. Low Maintenance: The electric drive system means that these vehicles have less moving parts and thus less maintenance. There’s no expensive engine work or the need to lubricate. This brings down the maintenance cost of these vehicles.
7. Lightweight Construction: Effortless handling and portability is quite crucial when choosing the best electric cars for kids. To achieve that, you need a vehicle that’s much lighter. That’s exactly what electric vehicles have to offer. Less moving parts make them lighter compared to gas-powered kid’s vehicles.
8. Mess-Free: Gas-powered vehicles are normally associated with mess resulting from spilled oil or gas. That’s not the case with an electric vehicle. It’s cleaner with mo messy oils or gas to deal with.
Buying Guide: How to Choose the Best Electric Cars for Kids?
There’s a wide variety of choices for parents looking for best power wheels & electric cars for their kids. That said, it’s important to know what factors to consider so as to avoid making a less-than-great choice. The following are some things to consider prior to making your final selection of an electric ride-on car.
1. Age Guidelines: The age of your child is the first factor to consider. You should know that there are electric cars for virtually all age groups ranging from toddlers to teenagers. Therefore it’s important to choose an appropriate electric car for your child’s age. To make it easier, you can make comparisons with the age guidelines that are provided by the manufacturer.
2. Style of the cars: Kids’ electric vehicles come in many different styles. These range from the unique models to those that don’t fit any specific category. Select your desired style, which include cars, SUVs, trucks, ATVs, among others. Ensure that the style you choose matches your kid’s taste and the nature of the surface it will be used on.
3. Brand is important: The decision for the model of electric car you want can be heavily influenced by the type of brand. Since there are lots of manufacturers, it’s important to ensure that you get a quality product. Some of the top brands to consider include Power Wheels, Peg Perego, Fischer-price, Best Choice Products, Moderno Kids among others. Products from such brands have a good rating so you’re assured of getting a quality that’s worth every penny.
4. Power Supply: The vast majority of batteries used in kids’ motorized cars are either 6 or 12 volts. The type of power supply affects both speed and run time. That said, it’s good to settle for batteries from high quality brands. And it may be better in case you get a battery/charger combo kit. One thing to note is that you should always check the part number when selecting a replacement battery.
5. Safety Features: Electric cars are available in a range of speeds, weight limits and design that affect the driver and the way they’re driven. Overall, safety is based on choosing the best ride on cars for your child’s age and abilities, safety equipment and proper driving. For instance, when it comes to safety equipment, you need to consider things, such as harness systems, helmets, knee pads, among others.
6. Warranty of the product: A good product needs to have a warranty and electric vehicles for kids are no exception. The presence of a warranty guarantees the good quality of the product. It’s always recommended that you settle for an electric car with a longer and extensive warranty. This will help cater for inconveniences resulting from defective parts or poor craftsmanship.
These electric ride-on cars are probably one of the most fascinating and hottest toys on the market. They provide a riding experience that’s quite unmatchable and have new exciting features that mimic those of real vehicles.
We’ve found great feedback on these products owing to their quality and affordable prices that suit those on a tight budget. Trying keeping them in mind the next time you’re planning on getting that perfect electric vehicle for your little kid’s birthday or for Christmas.